Industrial Hygienist – Department of Public Health (6138)
101 Grove St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Compensation: $122,304-$148,642 Annually
Under direction, performs technically difficult industrial hygiene work in connection with hazardous materials and other health and environmental hazards in the City and County of San Francisco; independently conducts routine industrial hygiene monitoring of chemical, biological, and physical agents; serves as a technical resource and advisor in the implementation of occupational safety and health regulations; may evaluate industrial hygiene data in relation to public health issues; develops and conducts occupational health and safety training programs; responds to and evaluates hazardous materials incidents; conducts ergonomic evaluations; and performs related duties as required.
This position performs the following essential duties:
- Serves as a technical advisor to departmental management and other personnel in identifying, containing and regulating the use and storage of hazardous materials; in developing and implementing inspection practices and procedures; investigates and evaluates health and safety hazards and coordinates remedial action with representatives from various City and County departments, other agencies, businesses and the public; conducts surveys of potentially hazardous workplace operations, including monitoring for physical, biological, and chemical agents, evaluating results, recommending corrective actions and preparing reports.
- Anticipates, identifies, evaluates, and controls occupational safety and health and environmental hazards for personnel working in proximity to hazardous waste remediation or hazardous materials.
- Develops, modifies, and/or maintains health and safety programs for City and County of San Francisco personnel; develops policies and procedures for responding to hazardous materials incidents and implementation of environmental health and safety laws, codes and regulations.
- Develops and conducts health and safety training, and conducts programs concerning the proper use, storage and disposal of hazardous materials and the regulation of hazardous materials according to law.
Exam # 28399-B
Approximate Monthly Salary: $7,010.46 – $8,520.78
The Safety Specialist is a professional level class. Under general supervision, incumbents assist in the program administration of the Countywide Safety Program, and may perform as a program staff specialist or as a department safety specialist coordinating the safety programs and having functional responsibility for safety activities within a County department. This class is characterized by a high degree of independence in the application of program responsibilities and requires a thorough knowledge of applicable laws, procedures, and regulations affecting safety operations.
1. Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, safety engineering, occupational safety and health, or other closely related field.
Experience: One year of professional level experience in industrial engineering, safety engineering, or occupational safety and health inspection.
Substitution: Additional qualifying professional level experience in industrial engineering, safety engineering, or occupational health and safety inspection may substitute for the college education on a year-for-year basis.
2. Experience: Four years experience equivalent to a Safety Technician for Sacramento County.
3. Education: Completion of the University of California at Davis certificate program in Health and Safety.
Experience: Three years of professional level experience in industrial engineering, safety engineering, or occupational safety and health inspection.
Please refer to job announcement for cut-off dates.
(Final cut-off is at 5:00 PM on July 8, 2022)
Please see job announcement for important testing information. This communication is a courtesy announcement only and is not meant to replace the full job announcement. Please view the official job announcement for all requirements and testing information. The full job announcement and online application is available for viewing on our website at www.saccountyjobs.net.
Sr. Safety Specialist
As a Sr. Safety Specialist with E. & J. Gallo Winery, you will lead and participate in the implementation and continuous improvement of EHS programs. In addition to CCR Title 8 safety programs, you will be involved with hazardous and non-hazardous wastes, air emissions, water and wastewater management, incident investigations, root cause analysis and corrective actions to maintain compliance with federal, state and local laws. You will also provide leadership in the maintenance of environmental system certifications such as the Code of Sustainable Winegrowing Practices and ISO 14001.
- Health and Safety program development, maintenance and implementation (e.g Emergency Action Plan, Confined Space, Hazardous Energy Control, etc.)
- Develop safe written work procedures
- Conduct JSA/JHA and Ergonomic Assessments
- Oversee and administer the Contractor Safety Program
- Maintain OSHA log recordkeeping
- Assist with workplace injury case management
- Lead ISO14001 conformance by managing environmental data, metrics and document management systems, annual aspect scoring and development of Objectives and Targets
- Prepare and submits compliance/regulatory reports and manage regulatory documentation
- MS in Safety/Industrial Hygiene or Environmental/Ecological Science, Chemistry or Biology plus 3 years EHS experience; or Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years EHS experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years EHS experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with Federal, State and local environmental laws and regulations (CAA, CWA, RCRA), environmental auditing, regulatory reporting, ISO 14001.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to occasionally engage in work at heights at or above 40 feet.
- Required to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Individuals with CHMM, CSP, ASP, or OHST certifications desired.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
To apply online, please visit the below link: https://careers.gallo.com/job/Livingston%2C-CA-Sr_-Safety-Specialist-CA-95334/800497800/
Job Posting ID: [[id]]
Cal/OSHA Field Inspectors – Safety Engineers
New jobs posted in San Diego, Redding, Fresno, and Modesto.
Cal/OSHA is hiring Safety Engineers. These are field positions that conduct compliance inspections in many different settings and consult with employers on a wide range of health and safety issues.
Deadline to apply is May 23:
Additional positions are regularly being added, please click here for all Associate Safety Engineer positions
Cal/OSHA inspectors help improve health and safety conditions in workplaces and make a positive difference in the lives of California workers.
Learn more about:
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Have questions? Contact a Cal/OSHA recruiter at CalOSHAJobs@dir.ca.gov